Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At a Glance: Harry Potter 2 Part Movie Ending

Sitting here, I just saw the trailer for Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1. At first, I sat up in my seat excitedly looking toward the television to watch the trailer. Being a Harry Potter fan, I glad to see that the last movie was finally coming out. It seems like I have been waiting for this movie for a lifetime. I'm not a movie critic, but here are my initial thoughts after having seeing the trailer (as if anyone cares haha).
First off, I have been reading Harry Potter since grade school. At first it was because it was a bigger book, which means that it was worth the a lot in the Accelerated Reader program. If you don't know what that is, check the Wiki. Anyways, after reading the first few books, I became hooked. I could not wait for the next book to come out and then to spend the next few days to read it slowly so I could soak in every bit of action. Harry Potter was the Twilight of my day. Even though it is better than Twilight. Just saying.

I can not tell you how ecstatic I was when I heard that they were making the series into a movie. Each time the trailer came on the t.v. i was glued to the set.
I was one of the first people to get tickets to see the midnight showing. Of course, it was on a Thursday night, meaning that I would have school the next day. I did not care. I pulled every argument I could to get my parents to let me go to the showing. After getting them to let me go, them taking me to the theater, and waiting in line to go inside, I was overly excited. Then, I watched the movie. Sadly, I felt let down. I guess I expected too much of the movie. Same thing for the rest of the movies that followed. I still went to see them all of course, but I didn't mind waiting a week or two to go see them.

Now, Harry Potter Deathly Hallows is coming out November 19. "Woohoo. Can't wait!" were my initial reactions. Then, the trailer was kind of disappointing. It was the typical action movie trailer. Explosions. Flashy lights. Clips are there, then gone the next instant. (Monotone Voice) "Woow." I'll still go see it of course, but eh. Not really excited. Heck, I may even wait to see it on Redbox. I may even watch it on this site I use to stream movies online. (Maybe I'll tell you about place later. It's free and Awesome).

Not only was I disappointed in the trailer, I was kind of sad that it said Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 1. Crap. Now, even if I do Redbox it, I'll still have to pay double to see the whole 7th book played out. I understand, there are probably two major reasons that it is split into 2 parts. 1 being that it'll bring in a hell of a lot more money if it's two movies and not just one. Then 2, they can't fit all of the epicness that came with the 7th book into one movie. That movie would suck if it was that condensed.

Eh, not my best work, and I know very very few people will read this, but hey, I'm bored lol =P

No comments:

Post a Comment